Thursday, June 16, 2011

New Tires

The left hand rear tire kept losing air, so I installed the spare last night at Little Salmon Lake Campground just off Hwy 4. When I tried to repair the tire, my tool to push the little repair thing in broke. So now I drove back South to Whitehorse, Canadian Tire could get me 4 BF Goodrich's All Terrain, so I have them all replaced. This should keep me flat free through the Yukon and Alaska.

Actually tried to get them changed a couple of days ago in Grand Prarie, got there on a Saturday, was told the tires would be there Monday morning around 10am. So I camped on near by Bear Lake for two nights. As I got there on Monday I was told they would not arrive before Wednesday... Boah... So, I decided to let them sit on their order and move on and have them replaced later on somewhere. - Here I am.

It is very beautiful up here in the North. I have seen bears, mouse, elk and much more, most of all mosquitos, lots of them. The preferred way to meet them is to see them smashed at my windshield. 

No comments:

Post a Comment