Saturday, July 16, 2011

A magic ball - making me happy

I sit at the vistors center in Denali National Park, together with my friends Nadja & Marcel we have joined one of the tours heading for Wonder Lake. We stop at the Visitors Center as we head North-West. It is our lunch stop. After having enjoyed one of Nadja's delicious Sandwiches, I am just sitting there, relaxing, warming up from the rather cold bus trip. All of a sudden a little girl belonging to a group of tourists from india, probably just about four years old walks by. Her beautiful big, dark eyes look out under the warm hood of her windjacket as she stops just in front of me. I bend foreward just a little to have my eyes on the same level as hers. "Hi!" - "Hello" she says. I am asking her what she holds so carefully in her hands. "A magic ball" she answers "when you hold this ball you will get all happy, that's why it is magic" she shows me a dark red unevenly formed ball made of candle wax with her little finger prints covering it all over. She presents it on her flat little hand, just to quickly embrass it again with her fingers as if she wanted to make sure the happiness would not escape her. But quickly she offers me to get happy too. "Do you want to hold it?" - "Of course" I strech out my flat hand, all carefully the cute girl places the wax ball, all warm from her little hand into mine and closes my hand with her little fingers. "Do you feel it, now you are all happy!" she smiles. - I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment