Thursday, September 18, 2014

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: A New Serie

As my trip is nearing it's end, I thought I share some information for those that are about to start their's. Here comes a new serie for the overlander. GBU: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly of the blue truck. Are you getting ready to prepare your car or truck for a larger trip? This is a guide to copy the good and, even more important not to make the same mistake I've made already.


o.k., o.k., I won't tell you how to do this, 'cause I am still working on that part myself.


In this new serie I will share some of the modifications I have done to my truck, things that have proven good, not so or even worse, that I would not do again. Things I bought, things I would not buy again and I will also let you know things that I would do different if I was to start all over again with getting my truck ready for a trip of over 4 years. Which I must admit, I did not plan. When I prepared the Toyota for my trip on the Americas I expected to travel for some one and a half, maximum two years, by now I am just ending the fourth heading into the fith year on the road.


But I'll tell you about that. The floor panel, an important part of your travelling vehicle, since you will attach most of the equipment that goes in your car on it. At least I did, because I do not like drilling holes in the original structure of my truck.

So, I will be working on some posts for the new GBU, the Good, the Bad and the Ugly serie and soon you'll find a link on the left hand menu on the blog that will take you exactly there, to those coming posts.


Rooftop tent vs. pop-up modification. You'll soon read about it on the GBU's of the blue truck.

Meanwhile if you want to see what I did and how the truck looked some years ago when I was working on it, click HERE to get to the photo gallery with comments on each picture.


All you really need for a bathroom, the OMG shower


So, if you are working on your future travelling car, or if you are not but interested what it would be like to do so, come back soon and read about the Good, the Bad and the Ugly of the blue truck.




No comments:

Post a Comment