Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Along the Coast to La Paz

got a little lost, nothing on the map, neither on the GPS except "Driving North"
I took the road that leads North-East leaving Mex 1 opposite off the right hand turn off to the marked village of El Ciento Veintiocho (which is also the km marker I suppose). Actually to be honest I did not really take that one, I missed it as it looked on the map as it would be a little off and would come somewhat later, the Garmin GPS Mexico database does not know the road. So I took the next left hand exit and after have gotten a little lost on really rough roads I finally found the road that is leading North, meeting up with the other one at Las Tinajitas, took a right turn there and followed through the mountains all the way down to the coast, a little south of San Evvaristo. A high clearnce vehicle is needed to travel the road about 20 kilometers after having passed La Presa. Four wheel drive is an advantage and makes it easier. I followed down the road that was following the coast and then headed back West into the mountains, when the road comes down and follows about a kilometer inland from the beach I took a dry river bed and followed it down to the beach where I free camped at a beautiful spot directly at the beach at

N24°49.852'
W110°40.456'

Coordinates



This is about 20 kilometers North of Punta Coyote. Since I have crossed only two vehicles since leaving Mex 1 in the morning I felt pretty safe at that beach to stay there on my own. There was a strong current and some waves, I took a dip but did not really swim out.

a little rough at times, but straight.

the blue truck wearing sunglasses

No comments:

Post a Comment